[Euro][slideshow]

Virus 'nearly kills' former France goalie Sebastian Frey

Sebastian Frey - Getty

Sebastian Frey, former France goalkeeper has revealed that he was 'debilitated' by a serious virus which 'could've taken me away'.


"I was hospitalised in an emergency with a fever of 40 degrees and it would not come down,"  🏥 the former Fiorentina and Parma goalie wrote on Instagram.

"They found a virus that debilitated me completely bit by bit and could have left me far from you all."

39-year old Frey, who last played top-level football for Turkish club Bursaspor in 2015, won two France caps.

He added: "Luck would have it that I overcame this test. I will get back on my feet as I have always done."

"I always played to win and now, with determination and strength, I will also win this battle."

Frey's career kicked off at Cannes, before playing for Inter Milan, Verona, Parma, Fiorentina and Genoa in Italy.

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]