[Euro][slideshow]

'I'm devastated, the season has been an endless agony' - Brescia owner Cellino

Brescia Owner Massimo Cellino. Photo: Getty

Brescia patron Massimo Cellino has admitted that the 2019-20 season ‘has been an endless agony’ and claimed the relegation was ‘his personal failure’.


The Rondinelle sit 12 points behind safety with three games remaining and must prepare for a swift return to Serie B.

“I’m devastated, believe me,” he told Corriere di Brescia.

“But not for the verdict. This season has been an endless agony, I couldn’t wait for the end of this campaign.

“I’m a fighter, but I don’t deny that there is tiredness and some bruising. I was wrong, I take my responsibilities.”

Mario Balotelli returned to Serie A ahead of the season and Cellino claims the former Italy international unsettled the group in Lombardy.

“The team had their strength and enthusiasm. That alchemy was destroyed, I should have protected it,” Cellino admitted.

 “I chased a star and I damaged the team, which had the means to save themselves even without Balotelli.

“He was wrong and I was wrong.”

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]