[Euro][slideshow]

Official: Abdoulaye Doucoure moves to Everton on a three-year deal

Everton new addition Abdoulaye Doucoure. Photo: Everton

Midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure cannot wait to be part of Everton's "ambitious project" after signing from Watford for an undisclosed fee.


The 27-year-old has agreed a three-year deal, with the Toffees having the option of a fourth season.

Doucoure, a France Under-21 international, is Everton's third major signing in four days following the arrivals of Brazilian Allan and Colombia's James Rodriguez.

"I have been waiting a long time to come here and now it has happened so I am very happy," Doucoure said on the Everton website.
Abdoulaye Doucoure puts pen to paper for a three-year deal with Everton. Photo: Everton

"I had some interest from other clubs, but from the beginning when Everton showed an interest in me I told my agent to focus on Everton. It was the only club I wanted to join."

Doucoure added: "It is an ambitious project here and it was a big part of my decision, having (director of football) Marcel (Brands) and the coach Carlo Ancelotti wanting me.

"When you come to a club you want the manager and, of course, the board to support you.

"I can bring my energy – I am a powerful player, I can run a lot, all the game. I can add goals as well. I will try my best to score goals and help the team." SportsMole

Watch: Abdoulaye Doucoure addresses Evertonians ⬇

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]