[Euro][slideshow]

I chose Chelsea over Man United and Liverpool because 'the entire package was the best for me', I have no regrets - Timo Werner

RB Leipzig German Pro forward Timo Werner. Will remain with the German Bundesliga club until the end of the season and then move to join Chelsea his new team. Photo: Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images

German forward Timo Werner has revealed that he rejected interest from Liverpool and Manchester United to agree with Chelsea.

The 24-year-old, who has now officially joined the Blues, scored 34 times and
contributed 13 assists in 45 appearances for RB Leipzig during the 2019-20 campaign.

Despite interest from elsewhere, Werner has claimed that it was a relatively straightforward decision for him to join Frank Lampard's side, who offered the best overall "package".

"I agreed [to join Chelsea] a few weeks ago," Werner told Sportbuzzer.

"The whole thing was quite unproblematic because I had a lot of time to think about it before the coronavirus period. It's no secret that there were several offers.

"It could have been (a move to Liverpool or Manchester United on the cards). There were some top clubs who fought for me. The entire Chelsea package was the best for me, my game and my career. Money played the smallest role. For me money was never a decisive factor, [if it was] then I could have gone to China.

"Chelsea is a top destination in European football. There is a really good team at Chelsea with high quality, we want to challenge at the top. I haven't regretted my decision for a second."

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]