[Euro][slideshow]

'It's strange, I get tired so fast...hard to explain' - Pogba recounts Covid-19 experience

Manchester United pro midfielder Paul Pogba has come out to tell his Covid-19 experience, saying "it's hard to explain".

Paul Pogba
Manchester United French pro midfielder Paul Pogba. Photo: John Peters/Manchester United via Getty Images


On August 27, the France international was diagnosed with Covid-19 which made him stay back from the rest of Manchester United squad in quarantine for ten days.


Pogba returned to training after fully recovering and on September 19 was named in Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's starting eleven for the Premier League clash against Crystal Palace. The Eagles defeated the Red Devils 3-1.


It took me "a long time" to completely recover physically from coronavirus, the 27-year old Frenchman recounted.


The playmaker added he "couldn't run" during the first game of the season.


Pogba's form dropped and hasn't clinched a regular place in Solskjaer's line up since serving the penalty during the game between Manchester United and Arsenal which the Red Devils lost to the Gunners by a lone goal.


Gabonese Striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang converted from the penalty spot to help Arsenal clinch a 1-0 win over Man United. It's the Gunners first victory over the Red Devils at the Old Trafford since 2006.


The French midfielder however, said he regained his form during the Premier League encounter against West Ham United inside the London Stadium on Saturday 5 December which United won 3-1 with Pogba netting the equalizer for the visitors.

Paul Pogba
Paul Pogba celebrates after scoring the equalizer for Manchester United during their Premier League match against West Ham United at the London Stadium. Photo: Matthew Ashton - AMA/Getty Images


Pogba recounted to Man United official website: “It’s strange, it’s hard to explain because you wouldn’t understand. Even in training, I would say to the fitness coach that I feel strange. It’s not me.


Read Also: Former Arsenal Nigerian forward Nwankwo Kanu celebrates as Arsenal beat Man United for the first time at Old Trafford since 2006


“I get tired very fast and I’m out of breath really fast. The first game of the season, I couldn’t run. I was trying.


“I spoke with the manager, ‘I will start the game and let’s see,’ but I was very out of breath and it took me a long time to get me back to my fitness and to get back physically good.”


The former Juventus playmaker answered when asked how he felt after playing for 90 minutes: “So good. Obviously, it feels good to play. The lads have been playing really well as well.


“I wasn’t ready physically I would say. I felt weakness physically. You know, just to play the 90 minutes and carrying on with the games. It’s such a difference. I’m finding my rhythm as well.

Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford
Paul Pogba (second from left) celebrates his equalizer for Manchester United with teammates against West Ham United at the London Stadium. Photo: Justin Setterfield/Getty Images


“I feel so much better today, I felt I could go again, control the game, getting the ball. That’s what I like, myself. That’s what I think is good for the team. I’m a team player.


“As long as the team wins, that’s the most important, you know. I find myself good and we want to win. That’s why I came here and that’s why I want to be successful.”


After scoring against the Hammers, which was his first goal of the season, Pogba said: “The kick from Dean [Henderson] was a bit… we didn’t know if it was out or in but we just went for it. I just went for it, I saw Bruno [Fernandes] had the ball, and I was free. I hit it in the first half, it didn’t go well, but the second time it went in and I’m really happy with this.


“I feel confident, I feel myself, like more in my legs and physically I feel much better. It’s good, you know, just to get back in the team, and to score this goal to help the team get back in the game, it’s very important for the team. I’m very happy for that.”


No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]