[Euro][slideshow]

Tottenham Boss Mourinho not moved by criticism of tactics, says 'I don't care'

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho is not interested in how he is perceived as his approach to games comes under increased scrutiny.

Jose Mourinho
Tottenham Hotspur Portuguese Manager Jose Mourinho. Photo: Jon Super - Pool/Getty Images


Mourinho has attracted criticism for the way he has set up his side this season, allowing opposition teams possession and territory and hitting them on the break.


It worked against Manchester City and Arsenal and came close to landing its biggest prize yet at Liverpool on Wednesday, but Spurs were not clinical in front of goal and succumbed to a late 2-1 loss.


Despite his critics, Mourinho has guided Spurs to second in the Premier League and they sit above Manchester United, City, Chelsea and the Gunners.

Jurgen Klopp and Jose Mourinho
Jurgen Klopp, Manager of Liverpool shakes hands with Jose Mourinho, Manager of Tottenham Hotspur after the Premier League match between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield, Liverpool, England. Photo: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images


Asked whether he was frustrated at how he is viewed, Mourinho replied: "No. That's fine for me. I'm not working in the search of any recognition.


"OK, 15 years ago when I arrived and I was probably a bit too arrogant for what you were used to, maybe yes, maybe I was. But I'm not.


"I work for my club, I work for my players. I try to give happiness to the people that love my club where I work.

Jurgen klopp and Jose Mourinho
Jose Mourinho, Manager of Tottenham Hotspur talks to Jurgen Klopp, Manager of Liverpool prior to the Premier League match between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield. Photo: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images


"I am very ambitious, that didn't change at all. I think you can still read on my face that to lose hurts me the same, nothing changes.


"But that situation of looking for some recognition? That's not for me. I don't care."


No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]