[Euro][slideshow]

Contract Extension: David Luiz to stay at Chelsea until 2021

Chelsea defender David Luiz - Getty

David Luiz has extended his stay at Chelsea by signing a new two-year deal which will keep him at the club until June 2021.


The 32-year-old's contract was set to run out in the summer, but with Chelsea facing a two-window transfer ban starting immediately, the club made a decision to keep Luiz at Stamford Bridge.

The Brazilian stated upon signing his contract extension: "I am so happy to be here and to have this opportunity to stay. I love this club and I still have the ambition of a young player.

"It means a lot to reach another European final, and we still have the opportunity to finish in the top three of the Premier League this season and I will continue to try to do my best to help the team."

Luiz featured for Chelsea as the English club defeated Eintracht Frankfurt in the Europa League semi-final on penalties on Thursday night.

Following the win against Frankfurt, Luiz was asked if he will be at Chelsea next season and said: “Yes I think so.

“I love this club. My great moments in football were here, especially the European titles – the Champions League and Europa League.

“My relation with the fans has always been great since the first day I played here."

David Luiz extends Chelsea contract till 2021 - As posted... 👇👇




No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]