[Euro][slideshow]

Iwobi explains why he is committed to Nigeria

Alex Iwobi. Photo: Getty

Everton midfielder, Alex Iwobi, has explained why he is committed to Nigeria.

Iwobi played for England throughout the youth team levels before choosing the
country of his birth.

He said on social media: “I will always have my respect for England, when I played for England they gave a great opportunity, they treat me very well.

“However, I feel like I am a true Nigerian, I grew up in the Nigerian culture and when I had the opportunity to go back I felt more at home playing for Nigeria.

“I felt at home playing for England as well.

“Of course it was difficult because I was very comfortable playing for England like it’s where I’ve grown up. I grew up in the English roots so I knew how the system works.

“Even though the organisation may be a bit different to England, I really enjoy it. Even to this day I have no regrets.”
SportingLife

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]