[Euro][slideshow]

Sevilla Manager Caparros has chronic leukaemia, says 'I am not receiving any treatment, i want to enjoy my work'

Sevilla Manager Joaquin Caparros - Getty

Joaquin Caparros, Spanish side Sevilla FC Manager, has disclosed, he has chronic leaukaemia, however, will still stay in the job.


63-year old Caparros opened up after a 2-0 win at Real Valladolid boosted their Champions League hopes.

Previously manager from 2000 to 2005, Caparros only took over in March on a deal until the end of the season.

He said, "I have caught it early and can live a normal life. I am not receiving any treatment. I want to enjoy my work."

Caparros - Getty

Chronic leukaemia is a type of cancer which progresses slowly and does not always need to be treated immediately.

It is the second season in a row that a Sevilla head coach has been diagnosed with cancer.

Caparros said: "I want to enjoy the opportunity the chairman and the board have given me and enjoy coaching in every sense. I'm more determined than ever.

"I won't talk about the subject more. But I want to make sure everyone remains calm."

Real Valladolid 0 - 2 Sevilla

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]