[Euro][slideshow]

COVID-19: Juventus defender Rugani's pregnant girlfriend terrified after testing positive

Juventus defender Daniele Rugani and girlfriend Michela Persico. Photo: Instagram/DaniRuga

Juventus defender Daniele Rugani’s girlfriend Michela Persico described feeling ‘terrified’ after learning she was pregnant and COVID-19 positive.


Rugani was the first Serie A player to test positive for the coronavirus in March and his partner was also contaminated, but the fact she was pregnant at the time added a new level of worry.

“I am fine now, but fortunately I only had mild symptoms: loss of smell and taste, a fever, fatigue. Compared to many others, Daniele and I were very fortunate,” Persico told Tuttosport.

“The biggest issue was the fear about this pregnancy and being alone, seeing as Daniele was ill too and self-isolating, not to mention worry for my family.

“The day I found out Daniele had tested positive, I just assumed that I was too. It was like my brain short-circuited, thinking of all the ways this could affect the baby. This is such a new virus, we don’t know the effects and consequences for pregnancy, so it was terrifying for those first few days and I was calling everyone for advice.

Pregnant Michela Persico. Photo: Instagram/MichelaPersico

“Fortunately, after being reassured by the doctors, I managed to keep my head. I created a daily routine for the lockdown, which in my case lasted for 35 days.

“I was particularly stunned by the support I received on social media, not just from Juventus fans. He too felt the affection that goes beyond just being part of a football team.”
Football-Italia

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]