[Euro][slideshow]

MCI 3 - 0 ARS: 'I should have taken a different decision' on Arsenal but 'I didn't - David Luiz

Referee Anthony Taylor sent off Arsenal Brazilian defender David Luis during the top flight match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium. Photo: Matt McNulty - Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images

After Pablo Mari sustained an injury in the first half at the Etihad Stadium, Brazilian defender David Luiz came on as a substitute but featured for just 25 minutes before being red-carded by referee Anthony Taylor.


The Brazil international has accepted that he should have made a "different decision" on his future at the London club.

Luiz' 25-minute play for Arsenal against Manchester City was loaded with errors which directly paved the way for Manchester City's first goal before the penalty which led to his red card.

Luiz, 33, spoke to reporters about his errors against Manchester City and his future at Arsenal.

David Luiz walks off the pitch after being sent off by Referee Anthony Taylor. Photo: Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images

He told SkySports News: "It's not the team's fault, it's my fault. I took the decision to play - I should have taken a different decision in the last two months. I didn't.

"The team did well, especially with 10 men. The coach is amazing, all the players did amazing, it's just my fault. It was all about my contract, if I stay here or not. I have 14 days left here.

"[I should have made a] different decision to try to decide as early as possible (my future) but I didn't. I love to be here, that's why I continue to train hard, that's why I came here today, that's why I say to all the players 'nobody needs to speak, I have to show my face'.

"I want to stay, the coach wants me to stay. We are waiting for the decision."

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]