[Euro][slideshow]

England Call-Up: 'I am prepared to do whatever it takes' - Izzy Christiansen

Izzy Christiansen. Plays for Everton as a midfielder or forward in the FA Women's Super League. Also plays for the England Women National Team. Photo: Lewis Storey/Getty Images

Everton midfielder Izzy Christiansen, 29, played for Birmingham City and Manchester City in the Women's Super League before joining European champions Lyon, then returned to Merseyside in December. She made her England debut in September 2015.


My call-up to the England training squad this month was pretty unexpected.

I was half asleep on the sofa watching our game against Spurs back. I've lost all my phone contacts so England manager Phil Neville was ringing me and I didn't know it was him!

I was delighted to be asked to come into the camp as a late replacement. There was a massive amount of relief. I had no idea I would be called in so soon because I'm aware of where I am with my fitness - I'm definitely not 100% yet.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. It's been a long time - 16 months - since I was in the set-up, which is a while in football.

But it was like a breath of fresh air going in. I absolutely loved it. Phil made it really clear it was a clean slate for everybody.

We have three huge years coming up where hopefully we can bring three trophies home - the Olympics, Euros and World Cup. That is the aim and I really want to be a part of that. I am prepared to do whatever it takes to get there. See More

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]