[Euro][slideshow]

Heartland FC: 'I've never gone through this kind of experience, I will sue them' - Ezenwa wails as club slash players salaries

Heartland Goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa. Photo: Catherine Ivill - AMA/Getty Images

Heartland goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa has confirmed the management of the club has slashed the salary of the players and technical crew.


Ezenwa who joined the Owerri based club from Katsina United said the players are devastated following the decision of the club’s hierarchy to cut down their wages despite signing contracts with the club.

“I’ve never gone through this kind of experience since I became a professional footballer. It’s like the management of the club is looking at players like people who don’t know their rights.

“I’ve never seen a situation where management will just slash the salaries of players who have contracts. I’m not the only one involved because the wages of other players and the technical crew were all slashed. it’s painful!

“They removed N200,000 from my salary while other players lost various amounts ranging from N150,000, N200,000 to N250,000. Our goalkeeper Agbor who was on N400,000 monthly salary lost N250,000.

“The said the money government is paying is not enough and instead of sacking some players, they decided to cut the money, in order to keep the team together.

"I’ve just been keeping my cool to help me concentrate on my career at the club but anytime I’m ready, I will sue them and get my money,” he said. Brila

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]