[Euro][slideshow]

Crystal Palace star Eberechi Eze sends message to Rohr over Super Eagles future

Crystal Palace attacking midfielder Eberechi Eze has said he can still represent Nigeria at the Senior level despite his invitation to England Under 21 squad.

Eberechi Eze
Crystal Palace attacking midfielder Eberechi Eze. Photo: Naomi Baker/Getty Images


In the past Eberechi Eze trained with the Super Eagles and is still qualified to play for the Nigeria Senior team, however, he is currently on England U-21 duty.


According to ESPN:


Eze has been on the radar of Nigeria for at least three years, without getting capped, and he was among a posse of players of Nigerian descent who were invited to train with the Super Eagles in March 2017 following a cancelled friendly with Burkina Faso.


Ola Aina, one of the players in that training camp, has gone on to become a senior international, but Eze is still on the outside and has instead been called up for and represented England at under-21 level.


But Eze, whose eye-catching performances in the English Championship have drawn praise from the likes of Graeme Souness, says he doesn't "want to make any decision on my international career until it is time, until I feel like it is right".


"I don't want to make a rush decision, as much as it would be a privilege to play for either," Eze said on The Beautiful Game podcast.


"It would be a great honor."


"I don't want to focus on the wrong things.


"I want to focus on what has got me to this position, continue doing it and wherever it takes me, it takes me."

Eberechi Eze
Eberechi Eze celebrates goal for Crystal Palace with teammate. Photo: Naomi Baker/Getty Images


Eberechi Eze moved to Crystal Palace from Queen Parks Rangers over the summer.


Read Also: NFF President Pinnick says "we won't beg anybody to play for Nigeria"


The midfield star born in England to Nigerian parents has said he is focused on the task at hand.


“I can [still play for Nigeria],” said Eze. “At the moment, I’m focused on my England Under-21 camp. I don’t want to put any type of pressure on myself and try to force anything now.


“I’m focused on the Under-21s, playing for the Under-21s, training, trying to play as many games as I can, and I think that’s the most important thing right now for my development.” he said.


No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]