[Euro][slideshow]

AC Milan 'must dream of winning the scudetto' - Ibrahimovic

AC Milan Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has charged the Rossoneri 'to dream of winning the scudetto', however, he admitted that the team has 'a long way ahead'.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic (m). Photo: MARCO BERTORELLO/AFP via Getty Images


Ibrahimovic also confessed that his return to the Milan-based football outfit was his "biggest challenge".


Speaking during La Gazzetta dello Sport’s award, the Swede said: “I am feeling well. I am training and I always want work hard, that’s my philosophy.


"At 39 I felt that I had to do something more to feel good. My arrival at Milan was a different challenge. Milan were not at the top.I was hoping to do well, everyone who returned to Milan for the second time could not do as well as they had done the first time.


"It was the biggest challenge for me, I told myself: 'I'll do Zlatan Ibrahimovic and change things'."


Currently, AC Milan are Serie A leaders with 27 points. Inter Milan (24pts), Napoli (23pts) and Juventus (23pts) are second, third and fourth respectively.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrates after scoring. Photo: Francesco Pecoraro/Getty Images


The 39-year old further said the Rossoneri "must dream of winning the scudetto" and that the team is "hungry and willing".


“The team must have the courage to dream of winning the scudetto, we have a long way ahead.


"The team is hungry and willing, we want even more.


"I think I transmit my charisma to my teammates, I always want to train because I feel better. I tell people of my same age to believe in themselves and never give up."


No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]