[Euro][slideshow]

Chelsea winger Hudson-Odoi called up to England Squad

Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi - Getty

Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea winger, says he is "shocked" to have received his first England call-up. He is yet to start a Premier League game for the Blues.


18-year old Hudson-Odoi was brought into the England Squad on Monday for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Czech Republic and Montenegro.

The winger has featured 19 times for Chelsea and has netted 5 times.

"It's been a crazy experience but I'm delighted," Hudson-Odoi said. "I thought the manager was joking."

He was with England's Under-21 squad, having received his first call-up at that level last week, when he was told he was being promoted to the senior squad by U21 manager Aidy Boothroyd.

"I was shocked and then when I heard that I actually had to go over, I couldn't believe it," Hudson-Odoi added.
"I was delighted. It's a dream come true. Now I've got to work hard, enjoy every moment and keep working to just hopefully make an impact when I get the opportunity."

Hudson-Odoi's call-up came after full-back Luke Shaw joined John Stones, Fabian Delph and Ruben Loftus-Cheek in withdrawing from the squad.

England host the Czechs at Wembley on Friday, 22 March and are away in Montenegro on Monday, 25 March.

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]