[Euro][slideshow]

My 6-year old son ask me why in Argentina they want to kill me - 'Angry' Messi

Barcelona Argentine forward Lionel Messi (middle) and his children, Mateo (left) and Thiago (right) - Getty

Barcelona top player Lionel Messi says, his six-year old son asked him why Argentina fans want to "kill" him.


The Barcelona legend slammed "many lies" after he pulled out of his country's second friendly last week with injury.

Messi is furious but "not surprised" his commitment to Argentina is questioned and that some people believe he over-rules decisions made by his international coaches.

31-year old Messi told Argentine Radio Show Club Octubre 94.7 fm: "My son [Thiago] is always looking on YouTube and saw a video. He asked me why in Argentina they want to kill me!

"But I like to keep going. I still want to win something with the national team.

"I am going to play all the important games. We already reached a World Cup final [2014] and this is not that easy."

Messi played the whole of last Friday's 3-1 defeat against Venezuela but returned to the Nou Camp due to a groin problem before Tuesday's 1-0 win over Morocco.

He said of the criticism he faced from fans: "I a not surprised at all. There are many lies and fabricated things.

"It makes me angry because people believe in what is said. It was customary to say things about me, to invent.

"The reality is that I come with a pubalgia [groin injury] from before the December break and I have been training a little, not playing all the matches".

Messi's biggest regret is losing the 2014 World Cup final, 1-0 to Germany.

"If we had won the World Cup in Brazil all would be different today," He said.

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]