[Euro][slideshow]

Egypt 2019: 'I hope I get picked for AFCON' - Osimhen

Victor Osimhen - Getty

Victor Osimhen is keen to play his way into in the Super Eagles’ final squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations tournament.


Osimhen, who netted thrice as the Nigeria Under 23 Eagles devoured Libya 4 - 0 in Monday's second leg encounter at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, told CompleteSports that he will continue to work hard at club level to ensure he keeps his place in the team.

“I feel great scoring a hat-trick for my country and also helping the team qualify for the next round, but now I just want to get back to my club and keep working hard and see what the future holds. I hope I get picked for the AFCON,” Osimhen told CompleteSports.

“Competition is getting tougher and I must toughen up as well to make the squad.”

“We just have to wait to see what happens in the summer, but definitely, I believe that more teams will come and I will decide if I have to move or not.”

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]