[Euro][slideshow]

Official: Chelsea complete signing of Ben Chilwell

Chelsea New Addition Ben Chilwell. Photo: ChelseaFC

Chelsea have completed the signing of England international Ben Chilwell from Leicester City.

The 23-year-old has put pen to paper on a five-year contract at Stamford Bridge in a deal thought to be worth around £50m.


Chilwell becomes Chelsea's third signing of the summer following the arrivals of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, while deals for Thiago Silva, Kai Havertz and Malang Sarr are also thought to be close to completion.

"I am delighted to be joining Chelsea at this very exciting time for the club," Chilwell told Chelsea's official website.

"I'm looking forward to being a part of this young, dynamic squad led by Frank Lampard as we challenge for honours next season. I can't wait to get started and hopefully it won't be long before we're playing in front of the Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge."

Chelsea new addition Ben Chilwell "can't wait to meet all the lads"


Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia  added: "We are very pleased to have completed our third addition to our exciting squad for the coming season. Ben brings plenty of top-level experience playing in the Premier League, Champions League and at international level, despite his young age.

Watch: Chelsea introduces Ben Chilwell ⬇

"We are confident Ben will adapt very quickly to being a Chelsea player and with the fixture programme for 2020-21 especially busy, he is a fantastic addition to the squad needed to challenge for honours."

Ben Chilwell expresses gratitude to Leicester City Football Club ⬇


View this post on Instagram

To everyone at @LCFC. I would like to say a massive thank you for these last 11 years. I have grown not just as a player but as a person also. I’m so thankful for the memories and opportunities this club has given me. I will never forget the experience of being with the boys when we won the league in 2016, making my debut, fulfilling my dream of playing in the Premier League and also playing in the Champions League. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the guidance and support of everyone at the club. I have made friends i will stay in contact with for the rest of my life and although a tough decision, i’m really excited for the next step in my career. I would like to thank everyone associated with Leicester City - Khun Vichai and Khun Top, the managers, my teammates, the backroom staff and the fans, thank you! The club will always have a special place in my heart! I wish everyone at the club all the best for the future and i will always be keeping an eye out and hoping for the best for everyone involved at Leicester 💙🦊
A post shared by Chilly (@benchilwell) on

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]