[Euro][slideshow]

Everton 5-4 Tottenham: 'I had a cup of tea in my hand' - Ancelotti explains why he didn't celebrate after FA Cup win

Italian football manager Carlo Ancelotti has explained why he didn't celebrate after his side Everton emerged victorious against Tottenham in their FA Cup encounter at the Goodison Park.

Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho
Everton Boss Carlo Ancelotti (l) and Tottenham Hotspur Boss Jose Mourinho after the match. Photo: @MrAncelotti


The Toffees beat Spurs 5-4, however, Coach Ancelotti couldn't celebrate the victory as he said he 'was freezing'.


Brazilian winger Bernard netted the winner for Everton against Jose Mourinho's side which helped them qualify for the quarter finals of the tournament.


While Everton players and members of staff were busy celebrating the triumph, Ancelotti seemed more interested in enjoying his cup of tea.


In his post-match comments, Carlo Ancelotti said: “I was drinking a tea because I was freezing. After 90 minutes I was not able to talk because I was really cold.


“So, I asked for a cup of tea and when Bernard scored the goal, I didn’t celebrate for two reasons: Because I had the cup of tea in my hand and second because I didn’t know if it was allowed or not.


“There was a check for the offside and so, I was calm and cool for this reason.


“My first thought was that it was so cold.”


"I was freezing.."


Watch: Carlo Ancelotti's post-match comments ⬇


No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]