[Euro][slideshow]

'I am good enough' - James Maddison 'hungry' for England recall

Leicester City attacking midfielder James Maddison has said he is "hungry" for England recall in time to make it to the rearranged European Championship this summer.

James Maddison
Leicester City attacking midfielder James Maddison. Photo: Michael Regan/Getty Images


24-year old Maddison's only England appearance happened in a 7-0 win over Montenegro in November 2019.


The Englishman, speaking to Football Focus, said: "I know I am good enough. I just want that opportunity."


According to schedule, as they begin their 2022 World Cup qualifying campaign, England will lock horns with San Marino, Albania and Poland.


The midfielder further said: "That is not a target I will hide. I want to be back in the England squad, simple as that.

James Maddison
James Maddison in action for Leicester City. Photo: Michael Regan/Getty Images


"If that wasn't my target there would be something wrong. I have come through the lower leagues and that feeling of representing my country against Montenegro was the best feeling ever.


"That is something I am very hungry for. That is why I am working every day, why I am staying out on the training pitch longer to help this Leicester team and ultimately break back into the England team.


"I want to be the best player James Maddison can be. The way I can do that is put pressure on myself. I want everyone questioning me because that is what drives me. I always back myself and believe in myself because that has got me to where I am today."


No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]