[Euro][slideshow]

Why i left Arsenal as Academy product - Semi Ajayi

Semi Ajayi - Getty

Rotherham United ace Semi Ajayi has spoken positively about his time at Arsenal, despite not having made a single competitive first-team appearance for the Gunners.


The 25-year-old, who has impressed since beeen switched into midfield from his original role as a defender, joined the Arsenal Academy on a two-year deal after impressing as a trialist with the club in September 2013.

In conversation with Sky Sports News, Ajayi stressed he bore Arsenal no ill will, and explained why he chose to leave.

“I learned a lot, especially at Arsenal,” the 6ft 4in ace said. “I feel like my game came along leaps and bounds and I was around world-class players, training with them day in, day out. I had great coaches and great facilities and I was just a sponge when I was there, soaking in all of the information that I could and trying to improve as much as I could.

“I left because I got to the stage where I did want to try and get some first-team games under my belt, but by no means would I say that the two years I spent there were unsuccessful to me because I developed a huge amount in that time.” CompleteSports

No comments:

FEATURED

La Liga: Valencia leave pitch in protest against racism

During Sunday's 2-1 loss at Cadiz, Valencia walked off the pitch following an alleged racist comment, before later returning to finish t...

Euro

[Euro][stack]

Afro

[Afro][grids]

International

[International][btop]